The goal of PGK sports science is simple: provide goalkeeper-specific fitness training, consulting, education and innovative research-based methodologies for the individual goalkeeper and goalkeeping coach.
PGK’s Director of Sports Science is Dr. John Cone. John is also the Director of Sports Science at MLS side Portland Timbers, a former professional goalkeeper and MLS goalkeeper coach with a doctorate in kinesiology. Dr. Cone is an expert instructor with a unique understanding of the specific fitness demands placed on goalkeepers. Using a methodical, systematic approach to goalkeeper-specific training, with movement-based development and a comprehensive focus on fitness and increased athleticism, Dr. Cone and PGK can help you take your fitness to a new level.
PGK sports science currently offers the following services delivered to the goalkeeper or goalkeeping coach through our PGK Members area:
- Goalkeeper-specific dynamic warming up.
- Goalkeeper-specific strength training packages.
- Goalkeeper-specific power training packages.
- Goalkeeper-specific agility training packages.
- Goalkeeper-specific speed training packages.
- Goalkeeper-specific coordination training packages.
- Goalkeeper-specific flexibility training packages.
PGK sports science offers comprehensive courses in goalkeeping specific fitness training and athleticism incorporating both lecture and field-based training components for the goalkeeper coach, the goalkeeper, sports scientist and fitness specialist.
To bring Dr. Cone to your club or area please contact us at the following: firstname.lastname@example.org